• 빠른상담신청
  • 이용안내
  • 전국지사안내
  • 온라인상담
  • 산모교실
  • top 버튼

조은맘 온라인 간편 상담신청X

개인정보취급방침 [보기]
select wr_id, wr_subject from g5_write_m05_04 where wr_is_comment = 0 and wr_datetime <= '2019-06-18 00:00:00' and wr_id <> '459' order by wr_datetime desc limit 1 asdasf

이용후기

Review of postpartum care services - 김나영 이모님 감사합니다

jin3833 1 1420

A month ago I gave birth to a beautiful little girl and our family became complete. She is our second child so I knew that labor and delivery was only the beginning of a very challenging journey. I planned to start the healing process at a postpartum care center as is the custom for many new mothers nowadays. But alas, there was a catch. My husband could not take off more than 5 days from work and there would be no one to take care of our three year old son during the two weeks I would be at the postpartum clinic. So after giving it much thought, I settled for a live-in caregiver who would come to help out at our home.

지난 달에 저희 가족에게 아주 예쁜 딸이 태어났습니다. 저희에겐 둘째 아이이고 아이를 출산 하는 과정이 쉽지 않을 것이라는 것을 알고 있었습니다. 산후 조리 기간을  미리 준비하게 되었고  많은 산모들이 이용한다는 산후 조리원을 이용할 계획이었습니다. 그런데 문제가 있었습니다. 제 남편이 일을  5일 이상 쉴수 없다는 것이었습니다. 그래서 제가 산후조리원에 있을 2주동안  3살난 큰아이를 돌보아 줄 사람이 없었습니다. 그래서 많은 고민후에 제 집에서 산후조리에 도움을 주실 산후 조리 도우미를 찾기로 마음먹었습니다.  

The search for a good caregiver took the usual route: asking family and friends for recommendations, reading reviews on “mom cafes,” and then the random clicks via internet portals. I didn’t have much luck finding someone in the beginning. But then I came across an article online about a postpartum care company that had just completed training for their employees (http://www.enewstoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1277148). I decided to give them a call. My reasoning: refresher training helps employees regain motivation. No matter how skilled or experienced, it is pointless if they are unmotivated. I wanted a caregiver who would bring positive energy into my home and take care of me and my family.

좋은 산후 조리 도우미를 찾으려고 주변 가족과 친구들에게 물어보고 엄마 카페 (웹사이트)에 찾아보기도 하고 인터넷 검색도 해보았습니다. 그럼에도 불구하고 초반에는 산후 조리 도우미를 찾는데에 어려움이 있었습니다.  그런데 온라인에서 얼마전에 직원들 교육을 마쳤다는 산후 조리원 (http://www.enewstoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1277148)을 인터넷에서 찾게 되었습니다. 전화를 해보기로 했어요.  제 생각에는 직원들 교육을 한 산후조리원이면 직원들이 더 동기부여도 되고 열정이 있을 것 같아서 그 곳에 전화를 해보기로 마음을 먹었습니다. 저는 긍정적인 에너지를 가지고 열정이 있는 저와 제 가족을 돌보아 줄 수 있는 좋은 산후조리 도우미를 찾고 싶었습니다. 아무리 실력이 좋고 경험이 많아도 동기 부여가 없다면 소용이 없다고 생각하기 때문입니다. 

I got lucky. Mrs. Nayoung Kim (whom I called Auntie) stayed with us for a month and was a saving grace. She is a professional with fifteen years experience in this industry so I could rely on her for advice about a number of things. Auntie gave recommendations about the most effective baby products, vaccinations, feeding schedule, and so much more. On the other hand, she was never pushy and respected my decisions as the mother. For example, I decided early on that I would not breastfeed. Thankfully, she didn’t judge me or my decision as many people tend to do. Auntie was also very professional in terms of her communication – she explained her contractual obligations and didn’t hesitate to let me know mine. All of these aspects put my mind at ease and let me focus on the most important things during my postpartum adjustment period.

저는 너무나 행운을 얻었습니다.  김나영 이모님을 만나게 되었기때문입니다. 이모님은 저희를 한달동안 도와주셨고 저희 가족에게 많은 도움을 주셨습니다. 15년동안의 경험이 있으신 아주 전문적인 분이기셨기에 제가 많은 것들을 물어보고 의지 할 수 있었습니다. 이모님이 아이에게 아주 좋은 용품들도 추천해 주셨고 예방접종 아기 밥 먹이는 스케쥴을 비롯해 많은 것들을 도와주셨습니다. 예를 들면 저는 초반에 모유수유를 안하기로 결정을 내린 상태였습니다. 그런데 많은 분들이 그러시듯 이모님은 저의 결정을 판단하지 않으시고 존중해주셨습니다. 그리고 커뮤니케이션에 있어서도 너무나 전문적이셨습니다. 계약 상의 의무에 대해서도 다 설명해 주셨고 저의 요구사항에 대해서도 들어주셨습니다. 모든 것들이 저를 편하게 하였고 산후 조리 기간을 편하게 해주었습니다. 

One of the most difficult aspects of new parenthood is the sleep deprivation. I’m particularly weak when it comes to this area so having Auntie take care of the little one at night and getting a full night’s rest was worth all the treasure in the world. I recently read in the New York Times that fragmented sleep leaves one feeling exhausted and can lead to burnout (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/parenting/why-are-we-so-freaking-tired.html). According to the author, sleep is essential for postpartum mental health so new parents should try to get four to six hours of uninterrupted sleep to prevent burnout.

산후 조리에서 가장 어려운 점은 잠이 산모인 제가 부족한 것입니다. 저는 이 부분에 대해 특히 취약하기 때문에 이모님께서 밤에 저의 아기를 돌보아 주셨고  제가 잠을 잘 잘수 있도록 도와주셨습니다. 얼마전에 뉴욕타임스 글을 (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/parenting/why-are-we-so-freaking-tired.html) 잃었는데 잠을 자꾸 끊어서 자게 되면 스트레스를 받고 지칠수 있다고 하였습니다. 그 글을 쓴 저자는 잠이 산후조리를 하고 있는 부모들에게 너무나 중요하면 4시간에서 6시간동안 방해되어 깨어남 없이 자는 것이라며 이 일이 중요하다고 말하였습니다. 

Another aspect that I’m grateful for is the care given to my son during this past month. I heard so many horror stories about sibling rivalry and how the first child often has trouble adjusting to the new baby and so on. However, Auntie gave me various tips on how to handle these behaviors so it has not been an issue. She also helped with walking my toddler to and from school so I did not have to worry about this either. I was also pleasantly surprised to know that she was also teaching him new Korean words like ‘waterwheel’ when they saw things around the neighborhood. Because my son received positive attention even after the arrival of the baby, he adjusted extremely well to his sister.

또한 감사할 점은 지난 달에 제 큰 아이를 돌봐 주셨습니다. 제가 주변에서 듣기론 동생이 태어나면 큰 아이가 스트레스 받게되고 생활에 지장이 있는 경우를 많이 들어서 걱정이 많이 되었습니다. 그런데 이모님께서는 이런 상황을 어떻게 대처할지 많은 정보를 주셔서 저희는 이 기간을 문제 없이 지나갈 수 있었습니다. 그리고 제 아이의 학교 등하교를 도와주셔서 이 부분도 걱정을 덜게 되었습니다. 그리고 동네에 지나갈 때 보이는 “물레방아"들에 대해 제 아이에가 한국어로 어떻게 불리는지 제 아이에게 설명 해주었다는 것을 최근에 알게 되었습니다. 제 큰 아이가 이모님에게 좋은 영항을 받아서 동생을 받아들이는 것이 너무자 자연 스럽웠습니다. 

All in all, I would say that my postpartum experience was a happy and positive one. Physically, I have healed well as Auntie kept me fed with healthy and hearty meals. My mind is at ease because my toddler is doing well emotionally. This past month turned out to be better than I ever expected thanks to the wonderful caregiver who helped us in this challenging time. I wish all new mothers had someone, whether it is a family member or hired caregiver like Mrs. Nayoung Kim, to rely on during their postpartum recovery. It would certainly contribute to happier and healthier families.

무엇보다 제 산후조리는 너무나 좋은 경험이었습니다. 육체적으로도 이모님 덕분에 잘 쉬고 건강한 음식을 먹을수 있없습니다. 제 큰 아이도 이 기간을 잘 보내어 주어서 저도 마음이 편하게 되었습니다. 지난 달은 제가 생각한 것보다 너무나 좋은 기간이 였고 이 기간동안 너무나 큰 도움을 주신 이모님께 감사드립니다. 많은 산모들이 가족이든  김나영 이모님 같은 산후조리 도우미든지 이렇게 의지할 수 있는 분이 있게 되는 것을 소망합니다. 이런 경험이 더욱 행복한 가정이 되는데 도움이 많이 될 것 같습니다.

1 Comments
조은맘 2019.05.27 16:07  
안녕하세요, 산모님~^^
조은맘 산후도우미를 이용해주시고 이렇게 한번더 후기를 남겨주셔서 감사합니다^^
바쁘신 와중에도 이렇게 후기까지 남겨주시고, 뿌듯하고 행복합니다!
이 글은 저희 관리사님께도 전달 드리겠습니다~^^

앞으로 아기과 함께하시는 날들이 행복만 가득하시길 바라겠습니다!♥